The Federation of Young European Greens is announcing an open call for participants for the climate activist seminar AlterCOP24 that will take place from 6th – 8th December 2018 in Katowice, Poland. The AlterCOP is organized by the European Green Party and the Federation of Young European Greens. It is an annual event of FYEG that serves to educate young activists about the UN climate negotiations and climate change policy. This year, as it takes place in parallel the COP24 in Katowice, Poland, it is more important than ever to get an insight and understand what exactly is going on inside the negotiations. AlterCOP will not only introduce you to UNFCCC, but it will also give you a hands on experience to be active in the civil society movement taking place in Katowice at the time of the COP!
FYEG especially welcomes representatives from member organizations which are not already planning to organize groups going to Katowice. FYEG expects the participants to spend time on its follow-up and to multiply the knowledge and organise other young climate activists. The program will be composed of workshops and sessions with speakers from the European Parliament, European Greens and members of the civil society. If you:
- Are interested in learning more about the climate movement, and the Greens’ role within,
- Are interested in participating in climate discussion, activism, and actions, You strongly feel the need to educate, organise and mobilise for climate,
- Have capacity to organise a follow-up event/action in your member organisation,
- Want to join your forces with other like like minded Green Climate Rebels,
…then apply to join us for this years’ AlterCOP! The program will start on the 7th in the morning and last until the 8th December in the afternoon. Participants are expected to arrive latest on the 6 December in the evening and leave the earliest on 8 December after lunch.
The following costs will be either covered by FYEG or Young Cyprus Greens (YCG):
- Participation fee
- Accommodation in a hostel will be provided for the nights of the 6th and 7th December.
- Food will be provided starting with a dinner on the 6th and ending with a lunch on the 8th December.
- Travel costs will be reimbursed within reasonable limits (to be communicated by FYEG office) and within Europe, with the condition to combine the most economic and environmentally friendly way (lowest price + travel time + CO2 emissions)
DEADLINE for submitting applications is the 5th November 2018, Midnight. In case you have any questions, feel free to reach us by writing to YCG Youth Officer Stalo Demosthenous: [email protected] or call us at 22518074